World Editor

Here you can showcase the tools you made that help doing regular things: a tool.
(a tool is not a mod!)
Zen1th
Site Admin

World Editor

Unread post by Zen1th »

Hey! Some time ago i released the v1.0 of my tool: Blocksworld World Editor.
This tool is a complex and powerful one that can be used for many tasks: generate blocks, transfer worlds, steal world from others (don't).

The v1.0 brought the ability to generate blocks using scripts and BWA. Scripts are just some Javascript scripts with some custom API. And Blocksworld Assembly (BWA) are a much more complex format based on Predicates Tiles, etc. (more info at https://github.com/zenith391/BWTools/wiki/World-Storage), but it makes it much MORE powerful than directly editing in Blocksworld :D .

But don't be feared, for most tasks (which is basically transferring worlds) you don't need to know JavaScript nor do you need to know BWA. A guide for transferring worlds should be posted very soon ;)

Last version changelog:

• Added preview and world title when selecting worlds
Spoiler

Update coming soon ;)

Download this file and execute it:

bw_worldeditor.jar
(805.38 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Last edited by Zen1th on 07 Jun 2020, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
Salvitus

Re: World Editor

Unread post by Salvitus »

Execution is not very ethical... right? :oops:

when mome dosnt give you the Pizza rolls

Zen1th
Site Admin

Unread post by Zen1th »

Salvitus wrote:
28 Mar 2020, 10:41

Execution is not very ethical... right? :oops:

Yea xD
(in case people actually didn't understood "execute", i meant double-click the file)

Chair

Unread post by Chair »

Is it possible to make the world editor edit worlds/models in 3D? I think it would be pretty cool previewing worlds before launching them in Blocksworld.

Zen1th
Site Admin

Unread post by Zen1th »

Chair wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 19:59

Is it possible to make the world editor edit worlds/models in 3D? I think it would be pretty cool previewing worlds before launching them in Blocksworld.

I'll try adding that feature, however due to the complexity of this, it'll just support basic blocks (like cube, triangle and some others) and colors, the rest (textures, decoration props, any other block) will not be displayed due to the high complexity of doing so.

Zen1th
Site Admin

Unread post by Zen1th »

Just published a new version, the changelog and download are available above (just redownload the bw_worldeditor.jar file)

LongTailCat3
Location: 80085 dysphoria dungeon, zen420th avenue, poop city, equestria, planet sussus, amogus-69 star system

Unread post by LongTailCat3 »

Spoiler

Lol i didn’t know there was a spoler option

She/Her

This is Trixie.
VVVVVV

|\
:D‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎_
‏‏‎ ‎ \___/‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‎\
‏‏‎ ‎ /\ /\
Trixie is best pone

PvPMardy

Suggestion

Unread post by PvPMardy »

I know it's a WORLD editor but could you make it a model editor too? It may seem useless but I may have found a way to transfer things from my old account to my new account, but models don't seem to work. Maybe you could make your program convert BW files of one author ID to another author ID?

This is just a suggestion though.

Zen1th
Site Admin

Unread post by Zen1th »

Currently planning to rewrite world editor so it is embedded into Blocksworld Launcher.